An intervention is a process in which a trained individual helps the family stop the destructive behaviors of enabling and help the addict/alcoholic to enter treatment and begin a life of recovery.
• Listen to the family's needs
• Educate the family about their response to addiction (Love + Denial = Innocent Enabling)
• Prepare family and concerned others for the intervention
• Coordinate with family and treatment centers
• Facilitate the intervention
• Transport/accompany addict/alcoholic to treatment
• Coordinate a family meeting post-intervention